- Detroit: An Index (essay, Pank)
- A Complicated Love Letter (prose poem, Prick of the Spindle)
- The Birwood Wall (essay, The Collagist)
- When You Say you’re from Detroit (poem, Diagram)
- Historic Detroit-Informative website which details the history of many of Detroit’s structures.
- John K. King Books–The largest independent bookstore in Michigan, based in Detroit–home to what Salon calls, “one of the largest and strangest [book] collections in North America.”
- Eastern Market–Detroit’s Farmers’ Market since 1891.
- Noel Night–Community festival that takes place in Detroit every December.
- Baker’s Keyboard Lounge–Detroit’s oldest jazz club in continuous operation.
- The Heidelberg Project–Open-air urban art environment.
- Motor City Blight Busters–Volunteer organization that reshapes neighborhoods by tearing down, boarding up, painting or fixing abandoned structures and building sustainable housing.
- New City Friends–Detroit-based Quaker community.
- Le Petit Zinc–Crêperie and bistro in downtown Detroit.
- Motor City Brewery–Hand-crafted pizza and beer.